The following items are from my presented project ideas:
Study Spot/Study Group App
- Use GPS data to create heatmap of a building. The app can suggest buildings near you with available study locations.
- When studying, you can place a tag down on the map indicating what class you’re studying for. Users can locate you and join your study group.
Wall of Smartphones
- Idea: make a massive display out of smartphones
- Mount smartphones in holders on a wall.
- Detect where the smartphone is placed (photodiodes?).
- Connect to a URL which will feed the appropriate video feed.
I didn’t like the other two ideas I pitched, but while thinking about this, I remembered an idea I had during the first day of discussion which could be a viable project.
Community Sport Equipment
- Idea: a box at a park containing frisbees, baseballs, or other equipment will open only when you have enough people in the immediate area.
- Protect against theft by integrating a low-power 433MHz transmitter in the equipment. If taken out of range of the base station, have the device go crazy (lights and/or sound).
Here is a link to my S&CC meaning presentation.